COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
DevNoodle collects information to provide better services to its users and to better understand the visitors to its websites and what content is of interest to them. DevNoodle collects information in the following ways:
- information you affirmatively choose to submit to us (such as your name, email address, company name, title, country) for the purpose of accessing various downloads, viewing specific content, subscribing to DevNoodle newsletters, registering for events and your preferences in receiving marketing from DevNoodle and its third party partners and your communication preferences, etc. Information we have obtained about you from publicly available sources such as social media, marketing platforms or on events, you attended. You will receive marketing communications from DevNoodle if you have requested information from DevNoodle or you or your employer has purchased services from DevNoodle;
- information DevNoodle receives from your use of DevNoodle websites, such as the IP address, browser type, ISP, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, domain name and country/state of all visitors to DevNoodle’s websites;
- location information when you use DevNoodle’s websites as DevNoodle may collect and process information about your location. DevNoodle may use various technologies and tools to determine location;
- information that is considered aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data which DevNoodle may use for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, unless DevNoodle combines or connects aggregated data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you; and
- DevNoodle collects technical data from various third parties and public sources as, such as:
- analytics providers
- advertising networks
- search information providers
Other than as required by law, DevNoodle websites do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). DevNoodle will not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
DevNoodle will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless it reasonably considers that it needs to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. If DevNoodle needs to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, DevNoodle will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows DevNoodle to do so.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
DevNoodle may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to its professional advisers, third-party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to DevNoodle (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of DevNoodle websites), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in Privacy Notices or notified to you when DevNoodle collects your personal information.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where DevNoodle believes disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish or defend its legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, DevNoodle’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which DevNoodle collects it.
However, DevNoodle will normally collect personal information from you only (a) where it needs the personal information to perform a contract with you, (b) where the processing is in its legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights, or (c) where it has your consent to do so. In some cases, DevNoodle may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which DevNoodle collects and uses your personal information, please contact DevNoodle using the contact details provided under the “Contact Details” heading below.
USE OF INFORMATION
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, DevNoodle considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which DevNoodle processes your personal information and whether it can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
DevNoodle protects your personal information in the same way that it protects its other confidential information, such as storing it on secure servers that only select DevNoodle personnel have access to, and by encrypting it to help prevent access by any unauthorized parties. DevNoodle has put in place procedures to deal with any personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach when legally required to do so.
As explained above, DevNoodle will collect and use your personal data for marketing purposes. Your data will be stored in our CRM system. We will use your data to inform you about DevNoodle products and services we think may be of your interest and to send you our newsletters. For statistical purposes, we will collect information about your response to our emails and our interaction with you to make decisions on future marketing. If you wish to have us stop collecting and using this information please click here.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, you have the following data protection rights which you may be able to exercise by contacting DevNoodle using the contact details provided under the “Contact Details” heading below:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting DevNoodle.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask DevNoodle to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information by contacting DevNoodle.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications that DevNoodle sends you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails DevNoodle sends you or by using the relevant opt-out mechanism for non-email based marketing.
- Similarly, if DevNoodle has collected and processes your personal information based on your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing DevNoodle conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about DevNoodle’s collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, DevNoodle may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. DevNoodle tries to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, DevNoodle will notify you and keep you updated.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
This version was last updated on 14 February 2022 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting DevNoodle.
Email: [email protected]