This episode, the CEO of Leadbird Carl Rohling talks about what makes a LinkedIn campaign effective, the best ways to make new connections on LinkedIn, and how to build trust with someone before doing business with them.
Carl Rohling is the CEO of Leadbird, a B2B lead generation platform focused on connecting business service providers with brand-new businesses in real-time. Carl is a former M & A attorney, responsible for licensing and general contracts related to business, and has over 5 years of digital marketing experience in all aspects of growth marketing and inbound marketing strategies. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Masters in Marketing Agency:
- How being a lawyer impacts being a CEO.
- Legal recommendations for new marketing firms.
- How to market yourself without using an agency.
- What makes a LinkedIn campaign effective.
- LinkedIn marketing best practices.
- What makes a lead valuable.
- How to build trust with someone before you work with them.
Connecting with Carl Rohling:
Connecting with the host:
- Josh Hoffman on LinkedIn
- 18:03 – “What’s happened with LinkedIn is, just like email and just like your mobile phone, you don’t answer it anymore if you don’t recognize the number, you don’t even open emails if they find their way into promotion or junk. You have to do your homework upfront. You have to look at who you’re targeting and that’s your data, and if you’re not reaching the right people, then you’re wasting their time and your time.”
- 23:11 – “If you do a good job, there always your best customers is having the people you’ve succeeded with referring you to people who need help and that’s where the second and the third particularly on the inbound marketing side.”
- 25:24 – “We say no to some clients because I’m not going to take your money if in a month I know I’m not going to get the results because I’ve done it already with other companies similar situated as you so we do a little bit of filtering upfront but a lot of times there’s companies that come along and are not sure if it’s going to work.”
- 30:55 – “You have to be constantly measuring yourself because I believe the rules constantly change what worked with SEO this month might be different 3 months from now what works for email remember that was your primary way of lead gen was email now it’s really challenging to get an effective email in to get it open and read.”
- 31:43 – “Things are always changing, is text messaging the most effective way today is social going to remain as influential as they are in 6 months or a year? So that’s one of the things I love about this is if you’ve been doing this for 20 years I don’t think you’ll be any better than the person who started 3 or 4 years ago.”