This episode, CEO and Founder of HV Media Group Ed Weeks talks about how to prep your company for an acquisition, the multiples startups need to get bought, and what he looks for when making an acquisition.
Ed Weeks is the CEO and Founder of HV Media Group an independent strategic marketing agency focused on delivering ROI for clients based on their commercial objectives.
Ed is a seasoned businessman and entrepreneur with a background in business and finance and has a proven track record of success in the digital marketing industry. He is known for his trend-spotting acumen and ability to drive growth, which he achieved by building a successful company from the ground up. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Masters in Marketing Agency:
- How marketing changes across different industries.
- The benefits of not having a set pricing structure.
- How marketing agencies get new customers.
- What to look for in acquisitions.
- How to prep your company for an acquisition.
- The worst parts about brokers.
- How to be a better broker and business owner.
- The multiples startups need to get bought.
- HV Media Group
- The Power of One More: The Ultimate Guide to Happiness and Success
- Living Untethered: Beyond the Human Predicament
Connecting with Ed Weeks:
Connecting with the host:
- Josh Hoffman on LinkedIn
- 7:14 – “We want to help anybody we can within reality, we can’t help somebody who only has a few hundred dollars that’s very difficult but we want to help as many businesses as we can and they all have different budgets and are at different places in their growth cycles.”
- 22:15 – “Getting your financials in order is probably one of the best things that anybody out there can do in any business, forget about marketing in any business and that is usually the biggest stumbling block.”
- 31:05 – “I understand riches are in niches but that doesn’t mean you should just cookie-cut everything you put out there because I have so many conversations with companies that want to leave that personal injury agency that does the same thing for 833 clients, eventually they know.”