I’m joined by the Founder and CEO of Envision Horizons to discuss how she was able to start her career with Amazon and start her own Amazon agency to build her own software.
Laura Meyer is the Founder & CEO of Envision Horizons and an eCommerce agency specializing in working with Amazon and Walmart. She has also built an Amazon analytics platform. On this episode, we’ll discuss:
- How she applied what she learned in college to her work life and started her agency
- How Laura got into digital marketing and started her agency.
- How she got her first customer.
- Differentiating a good client vs one that isn’t a good fit
- What it’s like to get into Amazon and how it’s different than other e-commerce channels
- The key difference between branding for retail versus e-commerce.
- What Laura thinks people do wrong with data.
- The tools she uses at her agency and how she manages hiring
- Cultish: The Language of Fanaticism by Amanda Montell
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- On the Way to Prosperity by Frances Young Person
- How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships by Leil Lowndes
- The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company by Robert Iger
- What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence by Stephen Schwarzan
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Dev Noodle
Connecting with Laura Meyer:
Connecting with the host:
- Josh Hoffman on LinkedIn
- 9:43 – “I just think going through the motions first is the best way to dive in because otherwise, it’s hard to know what you don’t know.”
- 29:40 – “listening is huge and I think there’s a lot of marketers and sales reps that do more talking than listening. And that’s how you learn what you should be saying to your audience and how to acquire that audience. So I think that is a really powerful skillset.”