I’m joined by CEO & Founder of Warschawski and Managing Director & Founder of W Ventures David Warschawski, to discuss how digital marketing works, what marketers need to be focused on, and the importance of cross-functional experience.
David has been a business owner-operator and investor for more than 20 years and is a professor at Johns Hopkins University.
David spends his time both as the CEO & Founder of Warschawski, the number one rated U.S. marketing communications agency, and is the Managing Director & Founder of W Ventures a one-of-a-kind accelerator. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Masters in Marketing Agency:
- How David has changed his teaching strategy as the industry has changed.
- How David got started in digital marketing.
- The importance of understanding how digital marketing works.
- The difference between digital marketing and the rest of the marketing field.
- The benefits of hiring professionals with cross-disciplinary expertise.
- How David got his business started from scratch.
- What marketing firms lack when it comes to focusing on ROI.
- The difference between working with large established brands and smaller growing brands.
Connecting with David Warschawski:
Connecting with the host:
- Josh Hoffman on LinkedIn
- 02:36 – “Marketing communications when performed at its best has to have a corollary ROI. It’s never going to be perfect anyone who says you can measure marketing perfectly is lying it’s not true, but you can get a very good sense of what works and what doesn’t work if you understand sophisticated digital marketing.”
- 15:49 – “Winning awards happens and should and thankfully we’ve won well more than our share of awards for our work, but the focus has to be on driving business results.”